HOTSPOTStop electrical fires before they start
Introducing WES Hotspot, the latest in groundbreaking fire safety innovation from the fire experts at Ramtech Electronics. This intelligent technology detects the risk of fire before it ignites, isolates power to the electrical device at risk and can send an instant alert to all relevant personnel.
The addition of Hotspot to our market-leading product range means that we can help protect your building from the risk of fire from initial construction to final hand-over and ongoing maintenance. By implementing a pre-ignition solution, you can stop fire before it starts, limiting the risk of damage to your building.
There are over 25,000 electrical fires in the UK each year, each causing damage to both property and risking lives. The Hotspot system has been designed specifically as a pre-ignition solution to stop electrical fires from happening. This simple, effective monitoring of electrical components, connections and equipment enables the prompt detection of abnormal heat transforming an electrical fire risk into a maintenance issue.
Hotspot offers you comprehensive protection throughout your entire building. It combines sensitive heat detectors and wireless technology to create a fully integrated system that not only stops fire from starting but alerts your maintenance team to ensure the problem is quickly addressed. It can be fitted in new and existing consumer units and distribution boards.
It is more intuitive than existing protective devices such as MCBs and RCDs because it responds to the excessive heat caused by wiring faults and overloads, which are some of the leading causes of electrical fires. As a result, this unique system offers an innovative way of preventing electrical fires within a range of devices.
Protect your personnel, property and business with Hotspot.
Key features of the system:
- Heat monitoring devices suitable for consumer units, distribution boards, sockets and electrical devices
- Instant power disconnection when abnormal heat is detected where supply is via an RCD
- Immediate alert to key personnel via text, building alarm system or app
- Compliant with all wiring regulations
- Independently tested
- Multipoint heat sensor – Monitors temperatures at connection points within consumer units and distribution boards. Suitable for both early warning and isolation purposes.
- Single point sensor – Designed to detect excessive heat within consumer units and distribution boards. Suitable for higher temperature monitoring from 80ºC to 240ºC
- Enhanced twin socket – Supplied with inbuilt thermal protection and power isolation capability, these are suitable for installation on RCD or RCBO circuits.
Integrated fire prevention
Hotspot connects to our WES range creating an integrated, seamless alert system. There are three ways to link Hotspot:
- WES interface direct link into the fire alarm system
- Link via WES REACT
- Integrate to a third-party alarm system or BMS
Connecting Hotspot to WES REACT means that should Hotspot detect a pre-ignition risk; your team will be immediately alerted to the fault via text and the app. This integrated technology transforms a potential electrical fire emergency into a maintenance issue.
Our expert team can work with you to identify the best solution for your building. For more information or to specify Hotspot for your project call us on 00 44 (0) 115 822 3424.
To download our Hotspot brochure please register to join our Member's Area